Saturday, June 4, 2011

16gb USB drive Does not want to work?

I have a DataTraveler 16gb USB Drive and now it doesn%26#039;t work, when I try and format it nothing happens and when I try and open it, it come up with this error Message (incorrect function). What can I do?





I have already tried to format it and that doesn%26#039;t work


I have change the changed the drive letter


I have tried it with 3 other computers.





What else Can I do?|||I%26#039;ve never seen the error message you%26#039;re coming up with. If the drive is being recognized when you plug it in, you could try going into Disk Management (right-click My Computer -%26gt; Manager -%26gt; Disk Management) and deleting the partition, create a new partition, and then formatting. Note all this can be done from within Disk Management. Also note you%26#039;re going to lose your data.





If that doesn%26#039;t work I%26#039;d say your USB drive has pooped out, and it%26#039;s time for it to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment