Saturday, June 4, 2011

Need for a change or Middle-Child Syndrom?

I had always heard about middle child syndrom, but never read into it extensively until a recent psychology course. I truly never have felt sincerely loved, and in the past seemed to rely on alcohol to come out %26quot;out of my shell.%26quot; I%26#039;m 22 and am now self aware of how unhealthy this is, but I also believe I need a change. My family is a wreck, i have no girlfriend, and have began hating the job that is getting me through college. I have 2 years left of school, and have every intention of leaving the state to escape this town that does not seem to have many positives. The only thing that really keeps me here are loyal friends, the two years left in school, and a fear of this kind of dramatic change. The change seems neccessary for self growth, but i think that many psychologists would see common characteristics of someone with middle child syndrom. What should I do?|||Middle child syndrome you may have. Let me point out some things that may help you. I%26#039;m a middle child as well and feel some impact from it. However, I have to make myself finish things and it may take me longer than others. It took me literally, over 20 years to finish college. I had 6 children, 1 when I was in junior high and another in high school. I went to college soon after high school only because I wanted to give my kids a good example. Right now my oldest child is 30 and the youngest one is 3. I lose interest in relationships easily, for different reasons. I always have a boyfriend, I tell my friends we need 10 boyfriends just to make 1 man (it%26#039;s a true joke, to me anyway :-)). Well anyway, I have a degree in psychology, sociology, nursing, science, mgmt. I have a cosmetology and real estate license due to me knowing how boring I get with jobs. I think people like us need to work for ourselves due to our often bordens. But then we have to come up with ways to fix them so we can succeed so this is why I ended up with different degrees but work for myself as a license general contractor. Sometimes we can%26#039;t help the way we feel but we can do our best to correct what affects us. I went into the army when I was 28 and retired and it was not easy for me because I got fed up with the BS. I also move far away from my family, they live in NC, NY, NJ (east coast) and I live in Texas. I do help them a lot but from afar. If you feel like moving, move, make that change, take that step. I had 4 kids when I moved and was 28. If you realize you made a mistake, move back. I like to be alone most of the time and consider myself a simi-loner only because I don%26#039;t like to be alone all the time. So you see we can compensate for the way we are even if we don%26#039;t change the way we are. Of course we can change the things we need to change cause God gave us the strong mind to do so. I want you to read some general characteristic of middle child syndrome. I hope this helps.....I can say I never fought for attention, I could care less if others got the attention and this could be secondary to abuse...again I hope this helps.





The middle or second born child or children often have the sense of not belonging. They fight to receive attention from parents and others because they feel many times they are being ignored or dubbed off as being the same as another sibling. Being in the middle a child can feel insecure. The middle child often lacks drive and looks for direction from the first born child. Sometimes a middle child feels out of place because they are not over achievers and like to go with the flow of things.








Being a middle child would mean they are loners. They really don鈥檛 like to latch on to a person in a relationship, there fore they have trouble keeping one due to lack of interest. Not liking to take the limelight for anything, they are not over achievers and just simply work enough work to get by, and typically that goes with school as well as a career. They are however very artistic and creative. If forced to use abilities they will work well, but do not work well under pressure. They often start several projects but rarely keep focused long enough to finish a project. The best career move for a middle child would be along the lines of using their creative. Going into a writing or journalism career, and into a career that they could freely express themselves would be good. Anything that would have hours that are flexible, and projects that frequently changed would be good for a middle born child. Since relationships are not of high importance to a middle child, often times they are alone. However, the best possible match for a middle child would be a last born.|||Skip being the %26quot;middle child syndrome%26quot; victim and finish school and leave town. Playing the victim and finding something to blame your troubles on will get you no where. Take positive action. Get exercise, improve you attitude, quit dwelling on the negative. Change is uncomfortable, but change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment