Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why did this page change back after I edited it?

I changed a page and when I clicked Save Changes the changes didn%26#039;t save at all, it was the same as before. I will admit I was vandalising it, but that%26#039;s irrelevant. What if I had spent minutes logically typing sensical data that was new and up-to-date?|||Hi there. Wikipedia has an abuse filter in place which kicks on whenever someone makes general vandalism changes such as blanking the page, or adding swear words or other inappropriate words to the pages. That is most likely the reason why your edit never showed up after you clicked the submit button.





If you had spent minutes logically typing sensical data that was new and up-to-date, then you would have been able to make the changes, because the abuse filter would not have been activated.





Hope this helps :)|||There are some autofilters in place in Wikipedia (such as the abuse filter). Your vandalism isn%26#039;t irrelevant, as it%26#039;s probably what triggered the filter - if you were typing sensible, logical data, it wouldn%26#039;t have triggered it.





If you let me know the page you were editing, I can check to see if this was the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment